Music is an exercise essential. I find it hard to find good stuff that keeps me moving so I've compiled a list of my favs for your listening pleasure. If you are in the giving mood, leave a comment with your additions. If you are thinking of suggesting Eye of the Tiger, you are officially uninvited to comment on this post. I want good music. Nuff said.
1. Catch My Disease by Ben Lee--This is the ultimate pick me up song. You cannot listen to it, and not get happy and energized asap. Its cool and easygoing, perfect for a warm up to get you upbeat, and get the blood flowing.
2. The Captain by Biffy Clyro-- Heard this song for the first time recently at an open mic. Loved it. If you haven't heard it yet, download now.
3. F**k You by Cee Lo Green--This song is so angry and upbeat at the same time. The only thing better than saying F**k you to someone who screwed you over is saying it with a smile. Go Cee Lo. And for the younger ears, you can get the edited version, Forget You.
4. Better Than Revenge by Taylor Swift-- Taylor is my homegirl and we will be tight one day when I am famous too. Until then, this lesser known song of hers is one of my favs.
5. Take Me For Who I Am from the Musical Rent--I prefer the movie soundtrack version to the original broadway cast, but either way, this song is gutsy, sexy, and everything else a good workout song should be.
6. In Exile by Thrice--Potentially one of my fav songs of all time. Thrice is awesome, and so is this song.
7. Paris (Ooh La La) by Grace Potter and the Nocturnals--Just discovered her, but I like it so far.
8. The First Single (You Know Me) by The Format-- The Format is my fav band of all time, and I frequently have their entire albums on my workout list, but this is one of the better songs for the intended purpose.
9. Give It Up by The Format-- I just really like this song.
10. Ive Just Seen a Face from Across the Universe soundtrack-- No play list is complete without the Beatles. This song is easy to fall in love with.